Monday, October 18, 2010

Why did I doubt?

Why did I ever doubt I was loved and cared for by the people surrounding me?
Why did I ever think that I wasn't appreciated?

I think I figured it out this past week.
I don't want to be a teacher right now.
Yes, you read that correctly, I don't want to teach anymore or at least for the next few years and that has been my identity the past few years. That's all I've been thinking of doing with my life since high school...maybe even before that. I just don't have a passion for it right now, so why do something that I don't have a passion for right now. That's not fair to me or the students that I would be teaching. Maybe I'll change my mind once I get back into the classroom for mini-teaching and student teaching but I'm open to whatever God wants for my life.

I feel like my identity has been so wrapped up in being a teacher that now that I no longer want that my identity is gone. How could people love me for who I am if I don't even know who I am any longer?

I am a Child of the most High God and I rest in that.
I am a daughter of the most High King.
I am a sister to the one who died for all my sins and my sorrows.
I am a branch of the Living Branch.
I AM FOREVER AND ALWAYS LOVED AND ACCEPTED BY GOD.

I still struggle with feeling loved and appreciated by I am also learning how to love me. That's hard for me but I working on it. I'm a broken person and I'm trying to pick up the pieces and put me back together.

No comments:

Post a Comment