Monday, June 14, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

I've been at camp for a week and a half already and have been super busy. I love being here. Last week was crazy busy in the kitchen. I worked from 7AM- 10 PM getting food ready, cooking, cleaning and odd jobs all over the place. I have a new found respect for my friends who have worked in the camp kitchen in the past but also a new found respect for those who work in the food industry. There is a lot of unseen stuff that happens behind the scenes in a kitchen. You not only have to cook and serve the food but you have to prep all the food as well. So for me that meant I needed to make enough pancake batter for 525 people in the span of a couple of hours. For a batch of pancake batter for 250 people there is 22.5 lbs of flour, 60 eggs, and mass quantities of other ingredients. Needless to say I was covered from head to toe in flour and everything else. Haha

The rest of the counselors got here this past Friday and it was a good day. We’ve had a lot of fun getting to know each other and I’m really excited to see us come together as a team. There are a lot of different personalities and people on the counseling teams and I think we will all get along. The rest of the staff is wonderful and really supportive. I’m excited to continue to get to know them and joke around with them.

Things that you can be praying for as we finish training week and start camp:

-That we continue to grow as a team and come together. There are still some differences between us and we need to come completely together before the campers get here.

-That this first week is a good week and that campers come with open eyes, ears, and hearts.

-Pray that I can be good counselor and know what to share to my campers.

-That my cabin comes together and that there isn’t a division between them.

-Prayer for safety and health. This will be a long and tough summer and I just pray that I stay healthy and safe.

I love you all so much and would love to hear how you are all doing. Mail, emails, texts, any form of communication is greatly loved.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment