Thursday, June 3, 2010

10,080

10,080 thats how many minutes I have to make an impact on my campers. 10,080 thats how many minutes there are in a week.

These past few weeks I've been thinking a lot about having an impact on people and what I would be remembered for doing or being. On May 8th, one of my friends went to be with the Lord. Bianca was my age when she died. Bianca was so full of life and served God with her whole heart. I only had hung out with Bianca a few times but her smile, her laugh, her love of life was so contagious. I miss her a lot but it made me realize how we don't know when our last day on earth is going to be. We aren't promised tomorrow so we should live our lives to the fullest each and every day. I looked at how this will apply to this summer. I don't want to miss any opportunities to share God's love with a camper or their families. I want to be goofy and crazy. I want to make a fool of myself. I want to lose my voice cheering on my team (we all know this will happen, haha) I want to give my all this summer. I want to impact the kids that I work. I want to shine with the light of Jesus. I want the kids to see Christ in me.

I leave for camp tomorrow. I'm really excited about this summer and about working alongside some amazing people. I would love to hear about your summers and what you have been up to. I love getting mail and I promise you if you write me I will write you back. I will be updating this blog multiple times a week my goal is at least 4 times a week. I love you all so much!

Lake Geneva Youth Camp
W2655 South Street
Lake Geneva, WI 53147

No comments:

Post a Comment